Friday, April 14, 2006

I've Decided On ......


I have decided on a design for my new kayak. I originally planned to make a lighter, lower volume version of the Anas Acuta, but the ADD kicked in and plans change once again! I was on the Kayak Building Bullitin Board and someone posted a link to a site with free plans for a beautiful stitch-n-glue greenland kayak. I already have templates made to loft the panels for the other boat but I will just keep them and focus on this one. It is called the Point Bennet.

Dimensions:

Point Bennett 17.5

* Length: 17½ feet
* Width: 21 inches
* Cockpit depth: 12 inches in front and 8 inches in back (add 1 inch for coaming height)
* Recommended paddler size: 5 feet, 6 inches to 6 feet tall and 150 to 180 pounds

Point Bennett 18

* 18 feet long
* 21½ inches wide
* Cockpit depth: 12¼ inches in front and 8¼ inches in back (add 1 inch for coaming height)
* Recommended paddler size: 5 feet, 8 inches to 6 feet, 2 inches tall and 180 to 210 pounds

Boat building is an obsession. My poor beautiful wife. She had best learn to use a Japanese hand saw or she's never gonna see me (just kidding )!

Comments:
That kayak is gay!! j/k build away bro.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?